If your turnover is below the VAT threshold of £85000 then a very simple way of avoiding MTD for VAT is to deregister which you can do online:
Other things to keep in mind include:
- MTD will apply to all submissions for VAT periods beginning on or after 1 April 2022.
- Retailers must digitally record their daily gross takings figures, but it is not necessary to record each individual retail sale.
- A digital audit trail must be in place from day one.
- If you want to carry on using spreadsheets you will need bridging software.
- The software that you use must be capable of sending information to and receiving information from HMRC digitally.