Child Benefit and 16 Year Olds

Parents and carers have until 31 August 2021 to confirm whether their teenagers are staying in full-time education or training beyond 16.

If your child is staying in education beyond age 16, you must notify HMRC by the end of August, or your child benefit will be stopped.

It is quick and easy to update child benefit records via Alternatively, you can return the 297b form sent that should have been sent to you by HMRC.

If you receive child benefit and also have an income over £50,000 (or your partner does), you may have to pay some or all of it back in the form of the high income child benefit charge which will be included in your annual self assessment tax return.



Striving to deliver exceptional financial services >>>

Scroll to Top